Saturday, May 29, 2010

First Time to Blog

It takes me a while to get on the band wagon. I don't really like to do what everyone else is doing, but I remember another new blogger stating this was a way for her to get back to writing. Honestly, I haven't written much in a while. I was a lit. major in undergrad and grad school. I wrote a lot. I also liked to write poems and short stories while I was growing up, but sometimes life has a way of changing your plans, altering what you thought the future was going to hold. Last summer I had plans on writing a comparative lit paper, just for me, maybe seeing if anyone else cared, but that just didn't work out. No time. Maybe this summer... So today we had two problems to fix in our life. First, I had an Ann Taylor dress hanging in my closet all winter, and when I went to put it on, half of the hem had come out. How does that happen in the closet? So the best solution seemed to be Stitch Witchery. I bought hem tape, asked the lady if that was what I should use, she said yes. Get home, no instructions in the package. I've never used it before, so we went to the net. We followed the ironing directions of the net, but the tape was only one sided. I started to think the saleswoman didn't really hear my problem. So we ironed the tape on the hem, and it looks the way scotch tape looks on a wrapped present. It won't be noticeable, but I needed a more interested and knowledgeable sales associate. I don't think I purchased what I really needed. The second problem of the day is our old mattress. We aren't quite ready to buy a new one, but our backs are not happy, so we got the memory foam mattress pad from the warehouse store. Hubby reads the web reviews and says we need to air the pad out for a week because of the fumes from the foam. Well, I didn't buy that so I could wait a week to sleep well. Not everyone said we should air it out that long. The instructions do not say we need to worry about the odor; it's harmless according to them. We have it open in our playroom with the windows open. We do plan on using it tonight. I'll let you know if there is any brain damage due to the toxic fumes...

2 comments:

  1. Hey Diane, nice first blog; can't wait to read what else you write. I certainly enjoyed your Star Wars story back in high school. Hope you get the hem fixed and a good night's sleep soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Diane! I love it. I will add you to my blog list. I love the blog because it allows me to be a little creative with writing and post pictures at the same time, to keep anyone who cares up to date on our lives. :-) I LOVE your title, by the way. I can't wait to read more! I will keep my fingers crossed for minimal brain damage...

    ReplyDelete