Thursday, June 10, 2010

The aftermath

I know it was the car that was broken into, not the house. No one was hurt, but I guess I still felt a little violated. I got worried about a door that I couldn't lock. I thought people might have been watching the house and knew when we would be gone or notice if both cars weren't in the driveway. That was earlier in the week. Later, there was another storm. I woke up, then went to look out all the windows to make sure no one was lurking nearby to crash a window while thunder roared. My poor husband woke up and went to try to cover the hole in the roof of his car, which hadn't been fixed yet. (He is still in shock when it rains after 3 years of drought.) The power went out during the storm, so I got up yet again to check to see if someone was waiting to attack. Nothing happened. Just a night with very little sleep. And you know, in June, in Texas, when the power goes out, even at night, it's hot.

Domestically, I will let you know what I have been up to. On Tuesday I made a double batch of spaghetti sauce. One for our dinner and the other to take to the lady with five kids. I made a pumpkin cheesecake (I know it's June, but it's tasty), pumpkin muffins and blueberry muffins. I hope she likes all the stuff. I took pasta and garlic bread, too.

I also scrap-booked today. Three sets of pictures from different trips are now on pretty paper. If they get labeled and put into a book any time soon that would sure be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment