Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Is it ok to complain some more?

Is it ok? Actually, I complained and then erased it all. My kids have been really good lately. Maybe a few tiffs with each other, but I am pleased at the moment. I don't think you can ever let your guard down. There is always a new challenge lurking around the corner. The older two went to VBS at a different church last week. They seemed to do ok. Since we home-school, I was curious how easily they could make friends. I guess I can tell you that they do have friends, home-schooled and not home-schooled, and they have played on sports teams that were just random groups of kids and they got along with everyone. My oldest son has a "best" friend who goes to public school and is a year older. The friend will be going into middle school this year, so I am curious to see if he will still be friends with my son, the 5th grader. My youngest has a good home-school friend and a public school (or preschool) friend right now, and he does well with both of them. My middle son has yet to really connect with anyone. We know more girls his age than boys, and he plays with whomever and gets along with them, but he tends to hang around the moms when we are having park time, but so does one of the girls his age. They are both the second child, and I wonder if family order has something to do with it, more than character. Or maybe they are all wrapped up with each other. I thought since some of you know me I might ask you to pray for some things if you read this soon. My Uncle Elbert broke his hip last week, and he will have surgery today, but the cardiologist wasn't sure how he would hold up under anesthesia. My friend Kathy is pregnant and near her due-date but has a liver condition which might cause complications. I have an infection in my toe (yuck). And I would like you to pray for wisdom for my husband and I when it comes to child-rearing and finances and all that stuff that comes with a marriage. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment